Years ago when I was trying to launch my first version of credit repair software, called Credit-Aid, I listened to all the bad marketing advice out there. I took out a loan on my house, maxed out my credit cards, and went into $200,000 of debt just to advertise my $20 CD.
Guess how much return I made from it?
Let me put it this way - I was living the high life. I was able to upgrade my dinners from Top Ramen to Cup-o-Noodles…
That’s right - nearly ZERO in return! It was an epic failure.
But I didn’t give up. And through trial and error over the past two decades, I now know a secret almost no one’s talking about.
Want to know what it is?
When you’re just starting out you don’t need EVERYONE to know who you are and what you do! You just need the people around you to know who you are and what you do!
See, everyone wants to appear bigger than they are on day one. They get a fancy logo, they start running paid ads and some even do what I did and make TV and radio commercials! But all of that stuff is a total drain on your finances when you’re starting. It’s going to make you broke, and it does NOTHING for you!
Here’s why this is important:
By wasting your time, energy, and money on paid advertising before you’re having regular, five-figure profitable months, you can actually hurt your own growth because the truth is:
- People want to do business with PEOPLE! Not logos and not paid ads! By trying to appear bigger than you are, you actually dehumanize your company - and credit repair is a people business.
- If you haven’t started with the basics and proven yourself with a ton of great testimonials, you’re going to attract the wrong people! Anybody who’s willing to sign up with a random company, who hasn’t proven themselves to be an expert in credit repair, is going to either want something for nothing or be a headache with chargebacks long after you’ve done the work.
- PLUS! If you use paid advertising too soon you’ll kill your cash flow, and really stunt your growth! As a startup, you need cash flow AND the best part is, you can market yourself and humanize your credit repair company in a bunch of really fun and FREE ways!
How To Market Your Credit Repair Business For FREE!
So here’s what you need to know, to successfully market your credit repair business, for FREE!
- Post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter 3 times per day. Switch up your content between sharing blogs, infographics, credit repair tips, videos, and even go Live to talk directly to your network.
You can also do giveaways on your social media, to entice potential clients, and to spread the word about your services. Try offering FREE credit repair services or raffles! It works every time! Then once you get them results - ask for a testimonial!
Also, remember that your personal Facebook profile can work as a landing page with links to your offers, lead magnets, or to send people directly to your website.
- People love to watch videos! Not only are videos magical for SEO and 53 times more likely to show up at the top of Google results, but they also thrive on social media and help you reach your target audience faster. If you're not currently using video sharing sites like YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, TikTok, or Facebook Live, you're missing out on a core channel of free marketing.
Now, if you’re nervous to be on camera - that’s okay! I’m on camera all the time and come from the world of show business and I still hate seeing myself on video! But don’t worry about it! Remember why you’re doing this.
You’re going to change your life and the lives of your audience. If you don’t put yourself out there, how many more people are going to suffer because they never found you? So, don’t be afraid of the camera! AND don’t think you need an expensive camera or equipment. Most of the time I film on my iPhone! That’s all you need!
The most important thing is JUST DO IT!
- The third way to humanize your marketing and get leads for FREE is to be a guest of other people’s podcasts. This is a super-easy way to reach audiences that you normally may not be able to reach. Podcast hosts are eager to find interesting people with relevant and meaningful information for their listeners so, why not jump on the podcast guest train and share your knowledge?
To find relevant podcasts to guest appear on, you’ll need to do a little research first. Join guest podcasting groups on Facebook, search itunes for relevant podcasts with an audience you’d like to reach, then find the host on LinkedIn and reach out to connect with them.
You can also just post on your social media and tell your network that you’ve carved out some time to record podcasts and simply ask who has one who’s looking for a guest. You’ll be amazed at how willing people are, to have you share your expertise with their audience.
In the end, there are a bunch of different ways to get your community to know who you are and what you do without spending money advertising when you’re just getting started.
It really all boils down to networking. That may be in person or over social media.
You’ve got to form relationships and partnerships! So take every opportunity to meet new people, tell them your story, and add value to them, on social media, on podcasts, and over video. Ask for introductions and focus on building relationships and getting in front of people!
That’s what Ashely Massengill did and in just 18 months she went from a 9-5 to a million dollars in revenue! Not long ago she was working at the Post Office, when she began researching credit repair, to fix her own credit. After a few months her work paid off and her credit score skyrocketed from 499 to 721!
She was so excited that she started posting about it on her Facebook page, and soon she was swarmed with hundreds of messages asking for her help! Now Ashely runs a multi-million dollar credit repair business called AM/PM Credit Repair.
A lot of great things have changed for Ashley since writing those first few posts on Facebook - but one thing hasn’t - she still shows up every single day across her social media platforms to connect with her audience and stay top-of-mind for potential clients. We love Ashely and we’re so proud to see all the lives she’s changing!
If you’re ready to get serious about starting your credit repair business, but you want to make sure you get the RIGHT information without spending a bunch of time or money figuring it out yourself - we’ve created the Credit Hero Challenge just for you! Join today and we’ll take you by the hand as you learn and launch your business. Who knows - maybe in 18 months you’ll be our next Millionaires Club Member like Ashely was!
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite platform below!