As a Credit Hero, you’re focused on getting amazing results for each of your clients and changing as many lives as you can.
Empathy and understanding is all a part of being GREAT at what you do because we ALL know life happens, even to the BEST of us!
So, as you look into a client’s payment history sometimes getting great results means finding creative ways to fix any payment mistakes they’ve made along the way.
Why is it SO important to remove late payments ... if you can?
- In credit repair, your clients’ payment history makes up roughly 35% of their total score!
- Lenders see late payments as a bright red flag. It’s a sign that the person likely won’t pay them on time.
- Did you know that most credit card companies check to see if their card holders are on time with OTHER creditors? They do!! Periodically, they pull their card holder’s credit to see if there are signs of financial difficulties with OTHER creditors.
- And, if they find any issues, they may lower the available credit line or even increase their interest rate … EVEN IF YOUR CLIENT HAS NEVER BEEN LATE WITH THEM ON A PAYMENT.
That means, even one late payment can cause a domino effect. That’s why I suggest that you educate your clients to never be late with anybody IF possible.
But sometimes, life throws an obstacle our way, and nobody’s perfect!
That’s where you, Credit Hero, come in!
Just because your client’s payment was marked as late doesn't always mean they have to live with it.
You have options… Goodwill Interventions!
You may be able to get the late payment or payments removed with a little bit of creativity and empathy.
This process is called a goodwill intervention.
So what exactly is a goodwill intervention?
It’s a request.
It’s really simple!
- You are essentially asking the creditor to remove one or more late payments.
- You have a really good excuse.
- You're also promising to make payments on time in the future.
When you’re using a goodwill intervention as a tool to get results, here are some tips to remember.
Goodwill interventions only work on OPEN accounts.
A goodwill intervention is based on previous stellar payment history with that account.
But if the account is closed, it’s no longer possible to remove the late payment history, so your strategy may be to work towards removing the entire account.
Another thing to keep in mind …
Goodwill interventions only work on CURRENT accounts.
This strategy only works if the account is CURRENT, meaning there is no past due amount. If the creditor gets a request to remove late payments on an account that is past due, they’ll only consider it once it’s current.
Now that you’ve determined that your client has an OPEN and CURRENT account that always had a great payment history but suddenly had one or a handful of late payments, you’re ready to take these simple steps to deletion!
Just 3 Steps To Using This Secret Hack … Goodwill Deletion!
1. Either use our “LETTER FINDER” feature or visit the letter library within your Credit Repair Cloud and search for “goodwill,” and you’ll find several variations of the letter. Just use the one that suits your situation the best. If you don’t have a Credit Repair Cloud account, you can sign up for 30 days free at CreditRepairCloud.com
2. Next, make sure you have a really GOOD EXCUSE. A goodwill deletion letter works by sending it to the creditor asking them very nicely to remove a late payment. Again, try to have a GREAT story… something that moves them. Maybe your client’s child was born that month, or maybe they were hospitalized, or maybe their family was affected by COVID -- or something really, really difficult came up that made them suddenly unable to pay.
3. Remember, you are essentially asking for a favor. Be SUPER nice, and if the main customer service address doesn’t respond, try sending it to various departments or individual people within the company. If these late payments are really hurting your client, and you’re really serious about doing everything you can to remove them, go the extra mile. You can always Google the company or use LinkedIn to find the CEO, VP, managers, directors, or anyone you find with contact information and send a separate letter directly to them.
And that’s all it takes!! Simple, right?!
Empathy, creativity, and some added elbow grease – you’ll be amazed to see that more often than not, you’ll get the GREAT results your clients need …
And the best part is, they’ll love you for it!
This secret hack is just one of many strategies you learn when you get certified in disputing in the Credit Hero Challenge.
Whether you’re just starting out in the business or repairing your own credit, this is a LIVE experience that has helped tons of Credit Heroes get their first paying clients, learn everything they need to dispute like a pro, gain confidence, and launch their very own credit repair business from the comfort of their home.
We’ve got a new one starting soon, but you’ve got to get in quick before doors close, otherwise you’ll have to wait for the next one!
Be sure to subscribe on your favorite platform below!