Your passion for credit repair is the spark that can catch and build an incredible fire under your entire credit repair company. When your team sees your desire to change lives as its mission, your business operations flow easier. A happier credit repair team leads to delighted clients and better results.
Learn how to be the credit hero that your team respects and follows, and discover seven tips to get your team as pumped about your mission as you are!
It Starts With a Credit Hero
When people in your community are stuck in debt and watching financial institutions take advantage of their vulnerability, who can they turn to?
So many people fall into poor credit and debt through unforeseeable events like a medical crisis or an expensive divorce. Credit heroes like you make an incredible difference in the lives of people in your community. You can also inspire your credit repair team to greater success by working together toward a bigger goal.
Here’s how to win your team over as a credit hero:
- Passion - Be the most enthusiastic person in the room
- Listening - Be the best listener on your team
- Adaptability - Be flexible and let people on your team know that this is a core value of the business
- Communication - Be kind, honest, and direct in your communication
These characteristics will go far in getting your team engaged and inspired. The best way to get your team on board with working toward a bigger vision is to recruit them for your company’s mission.
How Do I Recruit My Credit Repair Team for Our Mission?
Your credit repair business’ mission should be the North Star guiding every action you and your team take on a daily basis.
Your mission may be to get every person in your state who wants to buy a home approved for a loan. You may want to be known as the solution for better credit for auto loans in your county. Whatever your mission is, you can accomplish it faster with a team of people who want to make that mission a reality.
At the 2019 Credit Repair Expo, Jose Rodriguez shared his tips for recruiting and training a winning sales team. Jose is able to close hundreds of credit repair clients each month without baring the brunt of work because his team is on board with the mission and excellently trained.
Here are six steps that you can implement to get a credit repair team on board with your business mission and move toward your goals even faster.
1. Share Your Vision to Change Lives
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” — Warren Bennis, scholar and leadership expert
A clear vision is essential for any business. Communicate that vision to your team. The best way to inspire and lead is to create a vision that everyone can share.
Here are a few tips to make the mission a team effort:
- Make the vision about your team and your overall success, not just you and your success
- Show your team how everyone fits into the game plan, so they can see how their wins are helping everyone get closer to your goals
- Allow your team members to ‘own’ the vision by letting them shape it and encouraging input and advice regularly
Be concise and clear and let your passion come through. Your credit hero team’s shared enthusiasm will shine through to clients. An inspired team with a clear mission could be the boost your credit repair business needs to grow.
2. Give Your Team the Power to Excel
“Leaders need to provide strategy and direction and to give employees the tools that enable them to gather information and insight from around the world. Leaders shouldn’t try to make every decision.” — Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft
By giving your team the support they need to do their best-ever job, you’re helping everyone. Here are a few examples of tools that your credit repair team can start using tomorrow with real impact:
- Credit repair business software - Teach your team how to run the day-to-day with instructional videos and a responsive support team
- Project management platforms - Give your team the power to be self-managers by organizing what needs to be done and by when with a project management tool
- Scheduling tools - Empower fast and professional onboarding for your team once credit repair leads start pouring in from affiliates with a scheduling tool that integrates with your credit repair software
See more examples of tools you can use to empower your credit repair team in our article, 11 Tools Successful Credit Repair Business Owners Love.
3. Listen to Your Team
The ability to listen well is a powerful leadership skill. It helps you develop a stronger bond with your team and understand their needs better. It also gives you a clearer idea of how each part of your business is doing, which is valuable insight for business owners.
Try to practice ‘active listening’ as opposed to ‘passive listening’ when communicating with your team. In other words, take part in every conversation with your team members and give it your full attention.
Here are a few ways you can start practicing active listening today:
- Show concern and empathy: simple phrases like “I understand this kind of thing can be difficult” shows that you’re on their side and understand them.
- Relate to their concerns or questions with personal examples, such as: “I struggled with this at first, too. Here’s how I worked around it.”
- Reflect what your team member is saying back to them. For example: “So you’re saying that it’s our admin system that needs to improve?”
- Ask further questions of your own. You could say something like: “That’s a really good point. How do you think we could tackle that in the future?”
Instead of dismissing hiccups that might come up in your credit repair business operations, work together to address issues and understand the bigger picture.
4. Inspire Your Team
Motivate your team by knowing what each person’s strengths are and asking them to add value to those specific areas.
Here are some of the ways that business leaders inspire their teams and help them stay happy in their roles:
- More paid vacation time: According to a 2018 survey, employees rated paid vacation as the second most important benefit, beaten only by health care. It helps foster a happier, healthier, and more motivated team.
- Opportunity to grow. By offering credit repair education to your team, you give them a valuable perk and help break up their workday.
- Flexible hours and the option to work from home. Once your team is trained, they can do a lot of their work independently, which makes it easier to give your employees free rein over where and how and when they do their job. The up-and-coming Millenial workforce is opting more and more to work from home because of benefits like a better work/life balance and sense of autonomy. You can relate to those motivations –– they are probably part of why you started your own credit repair business!
When your team is happy with their work/life balance, they will perform better. Jose Rodriguez suggests that his team is responsible for a lot of his business success, and you can follow suit with your team leadership.
5. Show Your Team How It’s Done
Here are some ways you can lead by example:
- Finish what you start: Your team is watching, and you will set up a climate hard work and follow-through if you can show your team that you dedicate time and effort to completing the projects that you
- Show up: Attend training courses in person and show up to any team events that you organize to show your team that you’re taking these activities seriously and genuinely value them
- Try to practice what you preach as much as possible: Exhibit all the traits you’d like to see in your team like enthusiasm, empathy, and grit
- Be the first to show and last to go: Be available for your team and show up to the office or events early with your sleeves rolled up and ready to work hard
Your actions should reflect what you want from an ideal team. A passionate leader can be a wonderful source of motivation and inspiration.
6. Let Your Team Lead Some Operations
“If you want to do a few small things right, do them yourself. If you want to do great things and make a big impact, learn to delegate.” – Business leader John C. Maxwell
No matter how good you are, you can’t do everything. Your ability to delegate effectively is a valuable management skill because it allows you to do more for your credit repair clients in less time.
Here are a few ideas for tasks credit repair business owners can delegate to their team members:
- Reach out to credit repair leads for the initial credit report audit
- Manage paperwork and taking care of administrative tasks
- Track and reporting on dispute letter progress
When you give team members valuable roles in your business’s success, they have a stake in your mission and get a true sense of accomplishment from their days’ work.
Once you recruit your credit repair team a mission, it’s time to grow faster than ever. Over 25 million-dollar credit repair businesses count on Credit Repair Cloud to scale and grow with them.
Learn how to start and grow a successful credit repair business with your team now!