Did you know that recently, psychologists have been able to prove that embracing difficult situations (as opposed to resisting them) actually increases well-being?
Isn’t that amazing?
Yes, we are living in crazy times. Yes, my heart goes out to everyone who fears their next paycheck or is concerned about getting proper healthcare during the COVID-19 crisis. And yes!! Within this situation, we can create happiness!
The surefire way to do that in the face of hardship, is to seek lessons to be learned and new discoveries to be found. The opportunity for growth is far more profound a focus at times like these. My biggest epiphany during this pandemic is that there is no better time than NOW to start a home-based credit repair business. Why? Read on to find out!
Why a Home-Based Credit Repair Business?
If you ask me (or any of our Credit Heroes), working for ourselves — and the personal freedom we have — is one of the best parts of entrepreneurship. The cherry on top is that my line of business also helps other people!
When I first started Credit Repair Cloud, I worked out of my home. A home-based credit repair business will give you a TON of financial benefits. And who doesn’t want financial benefits at times like these?
- Home-based businesses mean lower overhead. You don’t have to rent or furnish an office, and you don’t have to pay for a separate internet connection. You don’t even have to pay for gas to get there! That means the more money you make, the more goes back into your pockets. And, there are a ton of great tax write-offs for home-based businesses, like your internet bill, a portion of your home, and even some utilities.
- Home-based businesses are sturdy. Because home-based businesses operate on lean overhead, they are prepared to weather storms of all sizes. Especially in uncertain times like COVID-19, minimizing expenses can help with the longevity of your business.
- Home-based businesses are flexible. Working from home means that you can be around when your friends and family need you most. When you work for yourself (from home), it’s easier to sneak out of the house to run errands, pick up the kids from school, or cut out early from a productive day of work to spend time with your loved ones. Especially in the heat of COVID-19, working from home gives us protections that an office job can’t (social distancing - no problem)!
How to Transition Into a Home-Based Credit Repair Business
Whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur or a first-time business owner, a home-based business requires a different perspective than an office job.
When I work from home, I always follow these practices. They can make the difference between a home-based business and a home-based empire:
Develop a Routine
Working from home challenges your focus. It’s easy to get distracted by laundry, household chores, and family obligations. The key to staying productive is to eliminate distractions. Try to:
- Find a ‘workspace’ in your house that is reserved just for you
- Set business hours
- *Nicely* ask for privacy from family so you can stay focused
Get Your Tools in Order
Working remotely requires tools that maybe you’ve never thought about before. When working with people online, I rely on tools like Zoom and Slack to keep communication flowing smoothly, no matter where you (or they) are. Tools like Credit Repair Cloud software help you organize your business, and give you the chance to scale and grow thanks to its awesome automation capabilities.
- Free Zoom account for your client consultations
- Free Slack account to talk to your team
- Free Calendly account to add for easy scheduling on your web site
Show the World You’re in Business
Social media is an incredibly powerful (and free) tool you can use to grow your customer base. All the top earners in our Credit Repair Cloud community depend on their networks to keep their business healthy and show the world not only that they do credit repair, but use it as an outlet to engage with people! And, during COVID-19, when everyone is stuck at home sitting browsing the internet, there is no better time than now to use social media to your advantage. So, take the time to let everyone in your Facebook feed know that your open sign is illuminated!
- Use Facebook Live to talk about your story. Don’t be afraid to tell your own issues with overcoming your own credit problems, give credit advice, and share success stories, results and testimonials from your clients.
- Use Facebook and Instagram to position yourself as the go-to person for anything related to credit. It’s all about telling stories and giving value.
This is how Credit Repair Millionaire Ashley Massengill built a million-dollar credit repair business in just 18 months after leaving her job at the post office. She posts to Facebook and Instagram at least 3 times a day, and recommends you do the same. A social media strategy is critical whether you’ve been in business 15 years, or 15 minutes! So many people who are just getting started complain that they can’t get clients, but then when I look on their Facebook, and there’s nothing there about credit. This business works IF YOU WORK!
And, for God’s sake put your web address or Calendly link in your social media profiles!
Why is NOW the Time for a Home-Based Credit Repair Business?
There are a ton of jobs you can do remotely, but not all of them have a positive impact on the people in your community: Your neighbors, your friends, your family.
And, now.. more than ever...your community needs you!!
I saw an article the other day that estimated 30,000 restaurants in the state of California ALONE might be forced to shut down due to COVID-19 measures. 30,000!!! That number is absolutely insane. The number of employees and business owners that will be affected by this is totally devastating.
For those affected who don’t have savings to support themselves, this crisis is sure to have a direct effect on their overall finances - including their credit score.
That’s why the bat call for Credit Heroes™ is going out RIGHT NOW! Even if your clients can’t visit you in person, they STILL NEED YOUR HELP.
Just like when we experienced a recession in the early 2000s, many folks in your community are feeling helpless right now. They don’t know what they are going to do, or how they are going to recover from this economic downturn.
As a Credit Hero, you have the power to help your clients get back on track and to give them a source of inspiration and hope. And that’s priceless!
Are you ready to get started? Join our Credit Hero Challenge today.